2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 can reach amaximum towing capacity of 11,800 pounds if properly equippedwith the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package. This alone makes the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 an impressive vehicle for Huntingburg drivers with heavy-duty responsibilities. Learn more about the GMC towing capacities and features before you come into Bob Luegers Buick GMC for a test drive!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The Sierra 1500 can handle up to 11,800 pounds if paired with the 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package. The GMC Sierra is also equipped with a wide array of features, styles, and sizes that can affect its towing performance such as:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
Here are some more towing packages and features the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 can come with that further showcases how capable and utilitarian this automobile is for your daily needs:
- The Max Trailering Package equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator to reach its 11,800-pound towing capacity.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping depending on the drive mode.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, this feature automatically sets the Electronic Parking Brake to avoid rolling.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Gives the driver the ability to manipulate and monitor trailer brakes via control buttons situated on the center console.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier while towing. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
With the available ProGrade Trailering System, you’ll gain access to high-resolution cameras, your Sierra’s infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Loogootee an absolute breeze!
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Uses a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help hitch your trailer with ease.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: This allows you to test your trailer lights before you go for a drive near Evansville, even when you are on your own.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
Get Behind the Wheel at Bob Luegers Buick GMC
More from Bob Luegers Buick GMC
When you’re looking for a vehicle that is classy and refined in the Huntingburg area, we highly recommend the Buick Encore SUV as a solution. You’ll get advanced technologies and great driver assistance features including Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. With the Buick SUV, you’ll be able to experience…
One of the signature pickup trucks in the GMC lineup, the Sierra 1500, has gotten a refresh for 2022! If you’re looking for a GMC for sale near Jasper, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got everything you need to know about the 2022 Sierra 1500 and its six available trim levels, so…
If you’re like most Huntingburg drivers, you don’t want to have to empty your bank account to keep your gas tank full. The good news is you won’t have to, thanks to the impressive 2021 Buick Enclave fuel economy. You can expect an EPA-estimated Buick Enclave gas mileage of 26 miles per gallon on the…